In honor of:

  • Aditya Kumar - Age 4 - no more in this world
  • Baby Raza - Close Relative of Muneem Shaik
  • Kirsten Laidlaw - Team in Training Honoree
  • Lettie Butler - Late Mother-in-Law of Yasser Dessouky
  • Patty Gabon - The Smiling Factory - My Colleague
  • Vera Hoge - Survivor Mother of Brent Hoge

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Training is not easy

Wednesday - July 11, 2007

Yesterday I had to take 4 rounds of a regular 1/4 mile track. I felt good and very healthy. Later, to my amazement I found out that it was only, what it's called - 'warm up'. The actual training was just about to begin.

9 never-ending rounds of the same track with much faster pace took out the last air left in my arteries... Running the first one was acceptable...3rd and 4th seemed problematic....then the 7th seemed almost equivalent to getting the customer/vendor to do something they should have in the first place, in short words, impossible. At that time - the only way to keep myself running was to imagine things very close to my heart - delicious food, long hot bath...chocolate cookies with icecream....and I finally finished my last one daydreaming...

During every training session I curse myself, "Why the hell did I take up this training? - Who was the idiot who forced me into it?". At the end of every training session I realize - this is absolutely nothing compared to knowing at the age of 5 that you have cancer. My honoree, Kirsten Laidlaw is 16 and runs with all of us. She herself is preparing for the Maui Half-Marathon as well. I plan to write a small article on her very soon.

So finally the end of the training was here and I was ready to go home. Or atleast what I thought was the end.

The end appeared to be just the beginning - of incessant push ups, crunches, and core strength exercises…

6:15 pm to 9:00 pm could have been a long time for me to utilize effectively as well as productively - I could have slept peacefully.

No comments: