In honor of:

  • Aditya Kumar - Age 4 - no more in this world
  • Baby Raza - Close Relative of Muneem Shaik
  • Kirsten Laidlaw - Team in Training Honoree
  • Lettie Butler - Late Mother-in-Law of Yasser Dessouky
  • Patty Gabon - The Smiling Factory - My Colleague
  • Vera Hoge - Survivor Mother of Brent Hoge

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Stride on Stride

Sunday May 20, 2007

I had been longing for the fresh wind that blows against your face while you are trying to take long strides, taking one step at a time as you can easily expect yourself lying flat on the floor the very next step. I had been missing the core feeling of when you finally cross the finish line – the rest of the day you are just praising yourself.

Last year, I did add 3 Half-Marathons in my ‘have-completed’ list but forgot to add regularity and discipline into my running calendar. This year, I need just a little bit more of inspiration; perhaps add a cause and not just the reason.

Deep down inside, everyone knows the exact reasons for their actions, words, and behavior. In my case – I knew that in order to get back to exercise, all I need is a big-ass KICK on my rear end. I forced myself to spend money one more time at an informational meeting – a perfect poke yoke.

No comments: