In honor of:

  • Aditya Kumar - Age 4 - no more in this world
  • Baby Raza - Close Relative of Muneem Shaik
  • Kirsten Laidlaw - Team in Training Honoree
  • Lettie Butler - Late Mother-in-Law of Yasser Dessouky
  • Patty Gabon - The Smiling Factory - My Colleague
  • Vera Hoge - Survivor Mother of Brent Hoge

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Fundraising is not just collection of money; it's a realization

July 18, 2007

Till date, I have emailed 117 people including 3 huge groups of several people. I surprised myself that I actually knew 117 people all this time? - This was my first realization. I can still think of another hundred - my second realization. Out of these - 31 people have already donated - My third and the biggest realization.

I take this as an opportunity to find out people across the nation and this world who do care about me; so many people who are putting their faith in me - having their hopes high. When I started, I thought I am doing this for myself - then it became a cancer related issue - but now when I think of this - I know that I'm doing it for myself, for people who are dying of cancer and for people who have donated part of their salaries for the cause…

All you people are just wonderful - many who I see at work but never had talked with, many who taught me engineering 2 years ago, many who I thought didn't actually like me, and many who I know don't have enough money… Giving away something that you could have easily used on your leisure is not easy - and you are all winners...

No comments: