In honor of:

  • Aditya Kumar - Age 4 - no more in this world
  • Baby Raza - Close Relative of Muneem Shaik
  • Kirsten Laidlaw - Team in Training Honoree
  • Lettie Butler - Late Mother-in-Law of Yasser Dessouky
  • Patty Gabon - The Smiling Factory - My Colleague
  • Vera Hoge - Survivor Mother of Brent Hoge

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Maintaining a 6:1 ratio

July 29, 2007

Today my goal was to run 8 miles – with around 7 more weeks training, I should be Okay. I started off with broad shoulders, heavy with pride bragging myself away but running with peers had its own extended perks as I ended up doing 4 more – YES! I ran 12 miles today. And my broken bones can validate the fact. Simply Miraculous!

All through the run, the key is to maintain your pace. Our formula is to maintain a 6:1 ratio - running for 6 minutes and walking for 1. I am so glad I maintained the same ratio towards the end as well – I walked for 6 minutes and ran for 1.

The destination from where we were to take a U-turn was a beautiful water-fall. I would say the whole 12 miles were adventurous and a perfect mixture of hiking & running – not that I want to go there again – at least not till I get amnesia and forget the torture my bones went through – trust me! The run was hard. Even if my heart wants to be there – I would never betray my darling bones.

Motherhood is a beauty in itself. Exactly how a mother forgets all her pain, as soon as her little angel smiles at her and touches her skin – I forget all of my muscular pains at the very sight of the most awaited - bagels, strawberries, cookies, and muffins.

2 comments:

Bankim Bhavsar said...

The comparison between the pain of attaining motherhood and the one while running is very sweet.

Anonymous said...

pains goes of as someone rightly said "When a child is born, it is considered to be the most precious miracle of creation"